Mother's Day Map Plaque | CraftCuts.com

This year for Mother’s Day I wanted to create something a little more trendy for my Mom. I really like how my Sweetheart State Map turned out so came up with this similar design using the USA Map Shape. You could also do this with her home State Shape as well.

Materials Needed:

• Unpainted Wooden USA Shape, I’m using one that is 14″ wide by 1/4″ thick
  • Script Wood Letters spelling Home and Mom. Mine are 2″ tall, 1/8″ thick and in the Lavanderia font
  • Unpainted Wood Letters spelling “is where is”. I’m using 1″ tall by 1/8″ thick ones in the American Typewriter font
  • Unpainted Wood Heart, I’m using a 1″ wide one that is 1/8″ thick
  • Black, white and red craft paint
  • Paint brush
  • Paper plate or paint tray
  • Craft glue
  • Twine

3 Comments

• Hi Molly, what a clever idea and actually before I saw it I had already had one of my own just didn’t know where to get the products. I was hoping you may be able to help! I wanted to do a US map like this for my husband as a gift since he is from Ca. And I’m from Va. We are a coast to coast couple! You guessed it military! Lol! I met my marine when he landed here for just two weeks for a school and as I like to say I caught him! Lol! So, I would like some of your ideas and tell you what I was thinking and see what we could come up with? I love that I found your website (by accident!) and was so excited! So I was thinking something simple as “The Barton’s” est. 1991 and paint and dotted line not straight of course! ;-) across from va to Ca. But I’d like to see what you can come up with? Thank you so much! Tena

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *